Fluids

Fluids

ANSYS AQWA Results for Offset Point

• hannah.louise.allen
      Subscriber

I am utilizing ANSYS AQWA to evaluate floating offshore wind turbine structures. Of the most concerning results are the nacelle accelerations resulting from the floating hull's motions. Results from AQWA are given from the center of gravity of the system as far as I know, but I am interested in the results (specifically surge acceleration) at an offset from this point. Can AQWA produce results at an offset?

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

You can, and I think it's covered in   3.10.2.2.4. Structure Acceleration of the User Guide documentation (R19.x).  It's not a tool I've used, but we did extract the motion of a small boat in a storm to supply the motion for a CFD model a while back. 

• hannah.louise.allen
      Subscriber

Hi rwoolhou, Can you direct me to the user guide documentation? I have the theory manual, reference manual, and user manual for AQWA, but I can't find that in any of those. 

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Sorry, it's the User's Manual - I'm looking at the R19.2 documentation as it's available with the student version. Looks like you can get the data from a Connection Point: which is not something I know anything about. 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.