March 13, 2022 at 5:24 pmNITHINMNSubscriber
I am doing an Eulerian simulation with sliding mesh where a plate is moving with a constant velocity. I wanted to extract the data of a local point as seen in figure (x) which is moving along with the plate. From CFD post the point (x) always stays stationary. And idea or suggestions from which the data like temperature to be extracted from ANSYS Fluent or CFD post where the point moves along with the plate.
Thank you.March 13, 2022 at 6:09 pmNITHINMNSubscriberseems to be working with node number in CFD post
March 14, 2022 at 2:45 pmRobAnsys EmployeeGood to hear. Monitors in moving mesh are a pain. The easiest method in Fluent is to split out a single facet and report on that. Read up on the Zones tools, Separate for more information.
Viewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.