Ansys Products

Ansys Products

ANSYS CFX not solving in parallel after new install

• cole18
      Subscriber

I recently downloaded ANSYS 2020R2 on my computer and it is not letting me run simulations in parallel using ANSYS CFX. I go to run a simulation and it seems to start and partition and then right before it starts calculations it stops and gives an error message. I can run the simulations in serial mode just not parallel. These simulations I am testing it with I have already run one of them on this computer in parallel but using 2017 version of CFX and the other simulation has been run successfully on another computer using 2020 version of CFX. I initially had an issue with the install but I fixed that and even uninstalled completely and reinstalled to be sure that wasn't it and I had no errors during the install but it still isn't working. I will attach pictures of both my error messages, the one that pops up and the one in the .out file. Does anyone have any ideas what could be going wrong?

• ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      We are not allowed to download attachments. Can you please post a response and paste the images in-line?.ThanksnMattn
    • cole18
      Subscriber
      n
    • Hunter Wang
      Ansys Employee
      CFX 2020 R2 in parallel only runs with Intel MPI on single Windows machine. It's possible that Intel MPI is blocked, e.g. by VPN, special network, etc. nDisconnect VPN if it's connected. Also run ipconfig/all in a Command Prompt to find other network connections, disable unnecessary network (VMware, Hyper-V, etc.), run ping %COMPUTERNAME% -4, make sure get response for a valid IP, and try again.
    • cole18
      Subscriber
      I can't disconnect VPN unfortunately, I have a lab computer I took home for research and the ANSYS license is on the network server so I have to use VPN in order to get on the network and access the license. I do have other lab mates however who use the VPN and ANSYS 2020 R2 fine and I have used ANSYS 2017 and Intel MPI for running in parallel on this computer while using the VPN too and it worked fine so its just something with the 2020 R2.nnI did those other checks and it all seemed fine and its still not working. I also completely uninstalled and redownloaded and installed ANSYS 2020 R2 again just to be safe and I am still getting the same issue.n
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.