Ansys Free Student Software

Ansys Free Student Software

Ansys Discovery 2021 Glitching out when opening it, any idea why ?

• akhilb454
      Subscriber

Hi Guys,

I recently just downloaded the student version of Ansys Discovery and I end up with this result when I first open it up. For specs I have a Radeon Pro 5500m Graphics card with 4GB. Any help as to how to fix this would be much appreciated, as it is quite perplexing considering my graphics card seems to meet the requirements.

• George Karnos
      Ansys Employee
      Hi I would check the date of your graphics card driver.
      Recommend updating to the most recent.
    • akhilb454
      Subscriber
      Hi Geo Thanks for your reply, It seems that my graphics driver is up-to-date with the latest release with my current version being: Radeon- 20.10.36.01, is there any other possible fix for the problem that I am facing.
      Kind regards Akhil
    • George Karnos
      Ansys Employee
      Hi Akhil Is that the only card in your system?
      If it is a dual card system that has an Intel graphics card too, you may need to set the Radeon to be the primary card to be used.
    • akhilb454
      Subscriber
      Hi Geo The system has two dual cards one which is as you said the Intel Graphics Card and the other one being as I mentioned the AMD Card, However when looking at which card was used when ANSYS Discovery was open (Using Task Manager) it was confirmed that the AMD Radeon card was being used.
      Thanks for your help so far Akhil
    • ajay_siddharth
      Subscriber
      i have same issue with spaceclaim .what to do? i have only 2gb ram nvidia and intel graphics card of 1gb
    • George Karnos
      Ansys Employee
      @akhilb454 For the AMD Card, Can you try the following:
      Set the following System Environment Variable:
      Variable: ANS_USE_202_GRAPHICS_DRIVER
      Variable Value: 1
      After setting that, please try to run again.
    • akhilb454
      Subscriber
      Hi Geo So I went into the Environment Variable settings to set the variable that you were referring to, however it was absent in the System variables box. As such I then made a new variable (with the same name and value) in the hopes that it may fix the error with Discovery, However sadly still no luck :(
      Kind regards Akhil
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.