3D Design

3D Design

ANSYS Discovery Live – Inlet/Outlet Problem

• aCVP
      Subscriber

Hi all. I cannot get ANSYS Discovery Live to recognize all of my inlets as inlets. I have attached an example of when it automatically recognizes an inlet vs. when it does not. Any help would be appreciated - thanks!

• aCVP
      Subscriber

• Naresh Patre
      Ansys Employee

Hello aginn,

After selecting first inlet face, press "Ctrl" key on your keyboard to select additional inlet faces.

Regards,

Naresh Patre

• aCVP
      Subscriber

I have tried this and unfortunately it is still not recognizing the inlet. Do you think it is a geometry problem?

• aCVP
      Subscriber

Would it help if I posted the geometry?

• Naresh Patre
      Ansys Employee

Hello,

Unfortunately, I cannot look into the geometry files. Other student community users can help you by looking into the geometry if you post it. 

BTW, how many inlets and outlets are there in the model? 

• aCVP
      Subscriber

There are four small inlets and one outlet.

Thanks!

• FrankD
      Ansys Employee

Aginn

It looks like the good one is both planar and also has a planar neighboring face that can nicely be filled to create the inlet face.

Try using the Fill tool on the geometry (first, and alone) to make some filled-face geometry that represents the inlet face.  In doing that, you should see the problems that the neighboring geometry is introducing. Remember that Fill is only as good as the surrounding faces to the fill, since what is happening (basically) is that those faces are being all extended until they meet (or diverge, and then you have your case.) Now, knowing that you can start to ease the problem by breaking up the loop, creating helper (curve) geometry, and/or creating surfaces manually. 

Perhaps the second problematic face is Close to Planar (it is really hard to tell from the picture) and you might use the Simplify tool on it?

You can always post even a small portion of your geometry if you need specific ideas.

F

• aCVP
      Subscriber

This really helped - I was able to get it to work. The problem was in the neighboring faces.

Thank you for the help - I appreciate it!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.