Discovery Import

Discovery Import

ANSYS Discovery SpaceClaim is not working/crashing without Internet connection???

• wolfgang.geist
      Subscriber
      🛈 This post originally contained file attachments which have been removed in compliance with the updated Ansys Learning Forum Terms & Conditions

Hi, 

one of our customers of ANSYS Discovery SpaceClaim is complaining that it is not possible to run the software when leaving the office and running demo outside - probably without Internet connection. The software is working properly on the machine the night before in house. Outside the software is crashing and producing an error message attached to this e-mail. What´s wrong?

Wolfgang Geist

• Subashni Ravichandran
      Ansys Employee

Hello  Ghost1246

Could you please confirm if your customer's .NET version is up to date? If not can you try again after updating?

If the problem still persists, can you please send us the log files from below path

C:UsersAppDataRoamingSpaceClaimLog Files

• wolfgang.geist
      Subscriber

Hi, I talked again with the customer. The customer is using identical hardware and is reporting following behavior:

Scenario 1: ANSYS Discovery SpaceClaim is not running. I cut the Internet connection and can start ANSYS Discovery SpaceClaim without Internet connection without problem.

Scenario 2: I use ANSYS Discovery SpaceClaim with activated Internet, I shut down the PC in the evening and restart ANSYS Discovery SpaceClaim next morning at the customer site without Internet connection ANSYS Discovery SpaceClaim is not starting and an error message is displayed – see error message already provided. Maybe you need to have a connection to the license server on the same day? This does not fit with the alleged 30-day rule. So the system behavior is not acceptable whatever reason.

• Subashni Ravichandran
      Ansys Employee

Ghost1246

This issue seems strange as it seems to fail only at the client location. We have had similar issues in the past but the error has been consistent. I will write to the licensing team on this. Meanwhile, could you try uninstalling and re-installing. Re-installing has worked in the past to solve this error. 

• Subashni Ravichandran
      Ansys Employee

Hello Ghost1246

Can you please confirm if you have tried uninstalling and re-installing?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.