Ansys Free Student Software

Ansys Free Student Software

Ansys doesn’t open my SolidWorks files

• Eric
      Subscriber

Hello,

I'm new to ANSYS and have recently installed Ansys Student 19.0 (Win10 64bit). I would like to open my SolidWorks files in Ansys. When I try to do so there are a lot of error messages popping up. It doesent matter if I take a *.step-, *.igs-, or a *,sldprt-file to open. Please have a look at the attachements for more details.

Thanks for any help.

Eric

• Vishal Ganore
      Ansys Employee

It opens perfectly in my 19.0 version.  Try to open SpaceClaim or DM first and then import geometry. 

• Eric
      Subscriber

Hello vganore,

thank you for your comment. Unfortunately this wasn't the solution for my problem. Spaceclaim opens my SolidWorks-file, but i can't save it. It seems to be to big. Can that be the problem? My model has less than 300 areas, but where can i check the number of bodies?  

I have changed the language to English. Now its easier to talk about the error messages.

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Hello Eric,

I am fortunate to have access to both SolidWorks 2017 and a full license for ANSYS.

If you would like to put your SolidWorks assembly into a zip file and attach that to a post reply below, I will open that file and see if I have any issues.

One way you can count faces and bodies is to duplicate the Geometry item, then open it in DesignModeler.

DesignModeler has a summary for a part.

• Eric
      Subscriber

Hello,

luckiliy I could fix my problem. The solution was to prepare my files with the repair-tools in Spaceclaim. For some reason it looked like my files have to many bodies/surfaces. Now I am able to open it in Ansys (:
      Thanks to all of you that helped me.

Eric

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.