Ansys Products

Ansys Products

ANSYS Electromagnetics Suite

• jason.mitchell
      Subscriber

I am running ANSYS 17.2 and just installed ANSYS Electromagnetics Suite.

When I try to run it says license server cannot be found.

Do I need to update my ANSYS license server 

• Peter Serano
      Ansys Employee

Hi Jason, 

You need to have at least the same version or greater of the ANSYS license server installed. If your University/Lab only has the ANSYS 17.2 license server installed you'll need to contact your IT support staff to update it or install v17.2 or lower of the EM Suite / Electronics Desktop on your PC.

Best,

Peter

• jason.mitchell
      Subscriber

Peter,

Thanks for the reply. We just updated the license server and are still having the same problem.

Best,

Jason

• Peter Serano
      Ansys Employee

There are a few things that could blocking access to the license server:

1) Windows Firewall: You can temporarily disable the Windows Firewall to see if it's the issue. If it works when the firewall is disabled you'll need to 'allow' the ANSYS programs to access the internet - or manually open ports 110, 1055, and 2325 on your local machine.

2) Anti-Virus / Anti Malware: Additional security software can also block the ports the license server communicates on - like the firewall, you can temporarily disable it to see if it fixes the problem - if if does, make sure the ANSYS programs are listed as allowable exceptions. 

3) Host name resolution: If your license server is specified as a host name, try re-running the installation and use the direct IP address to specify the license server PC instead of the host name

4) Issues 1 & 2 can also effect the license server so repeat those steps on that PC as well to make sure the proper ports are open and accessible on your LAN.

• jason.mitchell
      Subscriber

I am able to access the license server with Workbench 19.2 so I don't think that is the issue. 

• Peter Serano
      Ansys Employee

Did you attempt to disable the firewall and/or anti-malware on your local machine temporarily to see if it fixed the issue? - When you install a new version of any ANSYS software it *should* automatically add a Windows Firewall exception for the new executables that are part of the EM suite but it may not... This is why I recommend manually setting incoming and outgoing rules in the Windows firewall to open TCP/UDP ports 110, 1055, and 2325 on your local machine.

Also to make sure I understand you correctly, you say you are running Workbench v19.2 and EM Suite v17.2?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.