November 7, 2018 at 3:51 pmjpervezSubscriber
A new installation of your Ansys product has been detected. The library directories have been reset to those of the newly installed libraries. To change this go to Tools/Options/General Options. I get the above message when I try to to fireup "anssysedt" from Linux terminal
November 7, 2018 at 4:19 pmANSYS_MMadoreAnsys Employee
That is not an error, that is the normal popup for a first time run of Electronics Desktop.
What is the full output from the Linux terminal?
November 7, 2018 at 4:29 pmjpervezSubscriber
This what happen when I try to opem ANSYS electronic desktop.
1. I run the command “ ./ansysedt” from linux command line
2. Ansys Electromagnatic desktop opens up. It goes away and a small popup window opens and it says the message “ A new desktop window ……..”
I click ok. Then window goes away and I am in the command prompt. It seems to be looking for more command. Then I ctrl+C on the terminal to get the shell porompt.
Desktop GUI never opens
November 7, 2018 at 4:35 pmANSYS_MMadoreAnsys Employee
How long are you waiting before you kill it with ctrl+C? Depending on the environment, it may take a few minutes for the GUI to appear.
What is the version of Linux on the machine?
Are you physically at the Linux machine or running through a remote display? If through a remote display, please ensure it meets the requirements as outlined in this posted document. https://www.ansys.com/-/media/ansys/corporate/files/pdf/solutions/it-professionals/platform-support/remote-display-virtual-desktop-support-192.pdf?la=en-in
November 7, 2018 at 7:43 pmjpervezSubscriber
OK. This time I installed it a desktop where I had full access to the desktop X11 and I was able to see the GUI. It did not show up when I "ssh -X" to my desktop. Thanks for the help. May be it was my X11 environment. I can further troubleshoot from here.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- Signing up as ANSYS Support Coordinator
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Running ANSYS HFSS on multiple nodes on SLURM based cluster
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- Number of parallel paths in Ansys Maxwell
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.