Electronics

Electronics

Ansys Electronic desktop nop opening up

• jpervez
      Subscriber

A new installation of your Ansys product has been detected. The library directories have been reset to those of the newly installed libraries. To change this go to Tools/Options/General Options. I get the above message when I try to to fireup "anssysedt" from Linux terminal 

• ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee

That is not an error, that is the normal popup for a first time run of Electronics Desktop.

What is the full output from the Linux terminal?

Thank you,
      Matt

• jpervez
      Subscriber

This what happen when I try to opem ANSYS electronic desktop.

1.     I run the command “ ./ansysedt” from linux command line

2.     Ansys Electromagnatic desktop opens up. It goes away and a small popup window opens and it says the message “ A new desktop window ……..”

I click ok. Then window goes away and I am in the command prompt. It seems to be looking for more command. Then I ctrl+C  on the terminal to get the shell porompt.

Desktop GUI never opens

• ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee

How long are you waiting before you kill it with ctrl+C? Depending on the environment, it may take a few minutes for the GUI to appear.

What is the version of Linux on the machine?

Are you physically at the Linux machine or running through a remote display? If through a remote display, please ensure it meets the requirements as outlined in this posted document.  https://www.ansys.com/-/media/ansys/corporate/files/pdf/solutions/it-professionals/platform-support/remote-display-virtual-desktop-support-192.pdf?la=en-in

Thank you,
      Matt

• jpervez
      Subscriber

OK. This time I installed it a desktop where I had full access to the desktop X11 and I was able to see the GUI. It did not show up when I "ssh  -X" to my desktop. Thanks for the help. May be it was my X11 environment. I can further troubleshoot from here.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.