April 13, 2022 at 5:03 amecoreSubscriber
Hi guys, I am trying to run my first custom shaped charge simulation. I am using the eulerian reference frame for the HMX explosive and Aluminium liner. Since I only have student license, the mesh element and node is limited to 128000.
After meshing the model, the mesh totals up to this:April 13, 2022 at 6:19 pmChris QuanAnsys EmployeeBy default , the total Euler cells is 250,000. You can find this in Euler Domain Controls under Analysis Settings. See attached picture below.
If your license has the limit on total number of elements, you need to reduce the number of Total Cells so it won't exceed the limit.
Furthermore, the total number of elements & nodes in Statistics under Mesh is for Lagrange mesh that are used to fill the Euler domain. If all bodies in the model use Eulerian frame, this mesh is not used in the analysis. So it has nothing to do with the nodes & elements limit of the license.
April 14, 2022 at 4:37 amecoreSubscriberI see. Thank you for the help.
Viewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
Ansys BlogTrending discussions
- explicit dynamics
- Explicit dynamics ERRORS
- Monte Carlo Simulation
- getting zero maximum and minimum stress value in explicit analysis
- Which analysis to use for dynamic and quasi-static compression of auxetic structures?
- Running an explicit dynamics simulation on a composite plate
- LS-Dyna not appearing in ANSYS Workbench
- Euler Domain Restricting Simulation
- How do get Full values instead of just minimum and maximum ?
- Explicit dynamic modeling of machining process coupled with thermal
Top Rated Tags