January 5, 2023 at 8:26 amLogesh Kumar M ASubscriberI am working on Ansys Fluids (FENSAP) for Ice accretion analysis on 2D and 3D airfoil. while working on 3D airfoil (NACA 0012) with boundary square computational domain the following error shows on ICE 3D. Can anyone solve the problem or relevant links to solve these problem.
The following error also shows in error window
| Sorting boundary elements and nodes for hflux |
| warning: bad grid for O(2) hflux, node 687002|
| warning: bad grid for O(2) hflux, node 710343|
| warning: bad grid for O(2) hflux, node 745616|
| warning: bad grid for O(2) hflux, node 754771|
| warning: bad grid for O(2) hflux, node 701980|
| warning: bad grid for O(2) hflux, node 707391|
| warning: bad grid for O(2) hflux, node 751895|
| warning: bad grid for O(2) hflux, node 673280|
| warning: bad grid for O(2) hflux, node 673281|
| warning: bad grid for O(2) hflux, node 673278|
| warning: bad grid for O(2) hflux, node 673283|
| warning: bad grid for O(2) hflux, node 701183|
same type as above hflux numerous node comes. The above is snippet just for an idea.
Also if there is any ANSYS FENSAP related documents related to Airfoil if shared is also appreciated.
- I am working on ICE accretion analysis on UAV Airfoil and have taken LRN 1015 used in Northrop Grumman (Global Hawk) as per literature survey and NACA0012. Anyrelated documents related to these would be appreciated.
- I can see whether I can use it for validation ice accretion.
- Other than the mentioned airfoil which can be used for UAVs - Unmanned Aerial Vehicles.
January 9, 2023 at 10:40 amShoaib ShahAnsys Employee
Looks like you have some issues with you grid. Are you using 2.5D airfoil mesh ? FENSAP only accepts 2.5D grids (1 cell thick in the span-wise direction). Also, please consult the tutorial guide from the ansyshelp.ansys.com page, you can download the grid files and guide to help you setup the cases and run FENSAP-ICE. The Introductory chapter uses the NACA0012 airfoil.
We don't have any UAV type airfoils in our database. Thank you.
January 13, 2023 at 12:05 pmShoaib ShahAnsys Employee
I would like to add for the mesh error you are seeing above:
The collapsed node warning will trigger if wall nodes are closer than 1 micron.
When it is ***** it means that there are more than 99999 such nodes.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.