Fluids

Fluids

Ansys Fluent 19.2 Crahses on trying to import Chemkin Mechanism

• sdasappa
      Subscriber

Hi,

I am having issues with Fluent 19.2. I have created a simple mesh in Workbench Meshing and once I try to import a known working CHEMKIN mechanism, Fluent crashes. The mechanism complies correctly as the .out files are created with no error. 

The console has the attached message which I am unable to debug. "0: mpt_accept: error: accept failed: No such file or directory"

I have tried the same project with the exact same mechanism in Ansys 18 on a different computer which works. 

I will appreciate any help. 

Thanks

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Check the *.out files generated on reading the CHEMKIN files. If they are okay, check your setup without CHMEKIN.

• sdasappa
      Subscriber

Hi Amine,

Firstly, thank you for the reply. I really appreciate it especially as I have gotten no where. 

The .out files do not have any error and the mechanism complies fine. I tried to run the simulation without species transport and it works fine. I also tried installing R19.1 and that showed the same issue. I tried turning off all internet connections and again it failed. I am running blind right now but willing to try any suggestions. This is a mechanism I have used on another computer and it worked fine.  As I mentioned in the other post, the error log file just says abnormal exit at various nodes. I looked at the Windows application log as well and it did not indicate anything. Only Fluent crashes but Workbench is still open.  

Here is a screenshot of the initial settings.

As I said, Any help will be appreciated. 

Thanks

Shruthi 

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Just iut of curiosity can you run this case on another computer?

Does the case crash right away after initialization or at first iteration. The issue has to Do with the chemistry.
    • sdasappa
      Subscriber

Hi Amine,

I did run it on Ansys 18 in another computer and it worked. I tried on Ansys 19.2 on the other computer and that crashed again. It crashes during initialization.

The chemistry complies fine. The .out file has no error. I suspect it crashes when it's trying to load the output file but I'm unsure why and how to fix it. I am using the USC Mech 2 chemistry.

Could it be some kind of access issue?

Thanks

Shruthi

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

I am not sure. Is it possible to try a newer ANSYS Fluent version like 2019R2?

• sdasappa
      Subscriber
      Is that different from 19.2? I tried on both available free downloads on Ansys website.

I assumed 2019 R2 was 19.2 hence mentioned it as that
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

No 2019R2 is not 19.2. Can you provide a valid university mail address?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.