Fluids

Fluids

Ansys Fluent For Temperature Distribution Through Solid Materail

Tagged: 

• dileepatissera
      Subscriber
      Can i use Fluent to find the heat transfer through a pipe material (solid), that happens as a results of a heated fluid flow within the pipe?.I am simulating a pipe with heated water flowing through it, and i need to find the temperature on the outer surface of the pipe that is due to the heated fluid (water) flow within the pipe. Can i do this simulation using only Flunet or do i need to couple it with a Steady State Thermal Analysis.n
    • Karthik R
      Administrator
      Fluent is capable of solving conduction in the solid material. Conduction part of the energy equation is automatically solved when you enable the energy equation.nAlso, please take a look at this example from our Ansys Innovation Courses (AICs). This should help you understand how to set up this model.nAlso, please feel free to take these free courses. This will help you further your learning of what Fluids are and how to set-up simulations in Ansys Fluent.nThanks.nKarthikn
    • dileepatissera
      Subscriber
      Thank you so much for the vauable comment. I went through the link you posted and that was just what i was looking for. nThanks again for providing the learning material as well. Appreciate it.n
    • Karthik R
      Administrator
      Excellent! I'm marking this post as resolved. nThanks.nKarthikn
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.