June 15, 2023 at 5:16 amboonthiam13Subscriber
Hi, I am doing acoustic FW-H analysis on a 2 model, basically to examine the noise generated due interaction of the fluid flow and the solid circular boundary. Refer to the picture below, if I have the receiver positioned outside the water domain, what medium (air or water?) would the Fluent assign outside the water domain we specified? And what value of reference acoustic pressure should I use in the FW-H acoustics model? Much appreciate!
June 16, 2023 at 8:34 amSupreetha JSubscriber
The default material is air and you need to change it to water. Outside domain depends on what we define in FW-H properties. In water, the common reference pressure used is 1 micropascal, while for air it is 20 micropascal.
I hope this helps.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.