Fluids

Fluids

Ansys Fluent melting/solidification model equations

• Jada
      Subscriber

Hi, 

I have a few questions regarding the fundamental equations used in the melting/solidification model for phase change materials in ANSYS Fluent. 

With reference to the energy and momentum sink equations (17.4-5) and (17.5-1) in release 12.0 of the Ansys Fluent theory guide, how is the fluid velocity term calculated, and where is the value of the mushy zone derived from?  I have attached the equations below for reference, and the theory guide can be accesed here. Thanks.

Energy Equation:

Momentum sink equation:

Kind regards,
      Jada

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

The velocity is fixed using that source term into the momentum equation. I recommend using supported Online Help. Release 12 is not supported anymore.

• Jada
      Subscriber

Thank you for getting back to me.

How are the velocity terms in the source term and energy equation coupled? Also, where can I locate the theory guide/supported help for the most latest release?

Kind regards,

Jada

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Check the Solidification and Melting Model in the Theory Guide: you won't miss it.

To get the (online) help: wherevever you are in Ansys Fluent just Hit F1 then navigate to main Help landing page.

• Jada
        Subscriber

Ok, I will try that. Thank you for your help.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.