December 1, 2022 at 8:48 amJannickSubscriber
Hello, I have a problem with meshing in Ansys Fluent. The calculation always gets stuck at 34% at the point "Generating initial mesh..." when creating the "Generating the Volume Mesh" and does not change for hours. The message on the left reads: Initalizing tet for poly. Is anyone aware of this problem and can help me? I have already calculated a similar geometry that only took 2-3 minutes for meshing with the same mesh settings. Only one component was added now.
December 1, 2022 at 11:39 amRobAnsys Employee
Check the shape/size/gaps in the new component. When the mesher hangs it tends to be because something linked to the cell count running away or size/size functions contradicting each other.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Error with workbench SceneGraphChart
- Workbench error
- Workbench not opening
- How can I renew ANSYS student version license?
- License Error
- Sizing on Ansys Workbench 19.2
- Licensing error while opening ANSYS Mechanical
- Error: Exception of type ‘Ansys.Fluent.Cortex.Cortex not availableException’ was thrown
- An error occurred when the post processor attempted to load a specific result.
- Problem with FlexNet Licensing
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.