October 24, 2022 at 8:16 amFabian DillenhöferSubscriber
During initialization the message appears: "Pressure information is not available at the boundaries", although I use a pressure outlet.
Case: Flowsimulation in a nozzle with a rod:
(inlet on the left side)
- material: at least constant density (1010 kg/m^3) and viscosity (1000 kg/ms)
- without energy equation
- velocity inlet; v = 0,01364 m/s
- pressure outlet: 0 Pa
- stationary walls (no slip)
- reference values: from inlet
- solution methods: default
- solution controls: default
Why does fluent say: "pressure information is not available at the boundaries"?
I started with a simple case and wanted to expand it little by little, but it does not seem to run properly yet.
Does anyone have an idea?
Thanks so far!!
October 24, 2022 at 11:06 amRobAnsys Employee
There are some warning at the initialisation stage depending on what boundary conditions are set. If you plot contours on the domain, and a few planes how does the flow field look?
Note, I can't read the residual plot so don't know what sort of values you're seeing.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Heat transfer coefficient
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.