April 7, 2020 at 7:14 amahmedhafezSubscriber
During writing a udf ,I need to compute gradient, so I put the variable in UDS then compute gradient using C_UDSI_G(c,t,i), However the value I get is not logical at boundaries. So as to make sure that everything is going well. I put a variable that have predefined gradient in the uds (say C_UDSI(c,t,0)=C_K(c,t)) and compare its predefined gradient (C_K_G(c,t) ) with uds gradient (C_UDSI_G(c,t,0)). I found significant difference at 1st two cells adjacent to all boundaries, then perfect agreement after those 2 cells.
Do anyone know where is the problem. Below is extracted part from my udf regarding this issue
C_UDSI(c,t,0) = C_K(c,t);
C_UDMI(c,t,0) = C_UDSI_G(c,t,0);
C_UDMI(c,t,1) = C_K_G(c,t);
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Heat transfer coefficient
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.