Fluids

Fluids

Ansys Fluent Read Error

• dmhabig17
      Subscriber
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Can you post the full text? "sasroy" is an Ansys employee and the error message is misleading.
    • temayer17
      Subscriber
      I have also run into this error, and this forum post appears to be the sole relavent google result. Here is the error I keep getting, seemingly at random.

HDF5-DIAG: Error detected in HDF5 (1.10.5) MPI-process 0:
      #000: C:\\Users\\sasroy\\Downloads\\CMake-hdf5-1.10.5\\CMake-hdf5-1.10.5\\hdf5-1.10.5\\src\\H5F.c line 509 in H5Fopen(): unable to open file
      major: File accessibilty
      minor: Unable to open file
      #001: C:\\Users\\sasroy\\Downloads\\CMake-hdf5-1.10.5\\CMake-hdf5-1.10.5\\hdf5-1.10.5\\src\\H5Fint.c line 1652 in H5F_open(): unable to read superblock
      minor: Read failed
      #002: C:\\Users\\sasroy\\Downloads\\CMake-hdf5-1.10.5\\CMake-hdf5-1.10.5\\hdf5-1.10.5\\src\\H5Fsuper.c line 623 in H5F__super_read(): truncated file: eof = 6434736, sblock->base_addr = 0, stored_eof = 6434840
      minor: File has been truncated
      That directory "Users\sasroy\Downloads..." is not a directory on my computer.
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Which version of Fluent are you using? I've seen corrupted data saves cause problems but not in 2020 or 2021 builds.
    • gdp
      Subscriber
      Hi, I have the exact same issue when opening a dat file with FLUENT on ANSYS 2021 R2:
      Is that a known problem? What is happening and how can ANSYS look for a file at that address?
      Thanks in advance
      Gonzalo
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Fluent isn't looking for a file there, it's a poorly set up error message. Looking further down the error is a read error on D:/projects/Henfoss...... Can you check the file is present, and that you have read & write permissions in that folder. or may have more information.
    • ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      This must be a product or project issue if all users are seeing this same error that is looking to some other user's directory. Seems all of these users are seeing the same error, something in the project that directs them to "C:\users\sasroy", but none of them are in any way related to user "sasroy". Is this happening with a common project or model files? This wouldn't be a systems issue, something is up with the product or project.
    • gdp
      Subscriber
      Hi, and thank you for your quick reply. Yes, the file was indeed present in D:/projects/Hensfoss ... I now managed to open it. I don't know what I did different, to be honest. I tried opening with full FLUENT capabilities and not just with PRE/POST option (as I did first), maybe that did the trick. Some users in this chat point out that the issue can be random.
      Will leave new comment if I continue to get these messages.
      Regards Gonzalo
    • ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      Glad it is working. Make sure any antivirus or security software you may have are not scanning your project files. You should add exceptions to ensure there are no conflicts that could occur from a scan while trying to use the files.
    • satri
      Subscriber
      Hi I am also getting a similar error message
      I am trying to write a case through tui
      file/write-case-data ["q1.cas.h5"]
      when i try to do this i get this error.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Writing mesh ...
      HDF5-DIAG: Error detected in HDF5 (1.10.5) MPI-process 0:
      #000: C:\Users\sasroy\Downloads\CMake-hdf5-1.10.5\CMake-hdf5-1.10.5\hdf5-1.10.5\src\H5F.c line 444 in H5Fcreate(): unable to create file
      #001: C:\Users\sasroy\Downloads\CMake-hdf5-1.10.5\CMake-hdf5-1.10.5\hdf5-1.10.5\src\H5Fint.c line 1509 in H5F_open(): unable to open file: time = Tue Mar 1 21:10:35 2022
      , name = '["Q1.cas"].cas.h5', tent_flags = 13
      #002: C:\Users\sasroy\Downloads\CMake-hdf5-1.10.5\CMake-hdf5-1.10.5\hdf5-1.10.5\src\H5FD.c line 734 in H5FD_open(): open failed
      major: Virtual File Layer
      minor: Unable to initialize object
      #003: C:\Users\sasroy\Downloads\CMake-hdf5-1.10.5\CMake-hdf5-1.10.5\hdf5-1.10.5\src\H5FDsec2.c line 346 in H5FD_sec2_open(): unable to open file: name = '["Q1.cas"].cas.h5', errno = 22, error message = 'Invalid argument', flags = 13, o_flags = 302

• satri
      Subscriber
      Please let me know how to fix this and write a case and data through TUI and resolve the above error message
    • ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      are you using brackets in the path or command or file name? It's not showing a full path for the file and if using brackets that would cause problems.
    • satri
      Subscriber
      do i need to use brackets? I thought fluent will write the case in the folder path specified in the beginning.
      I did use brackets earlier.

I was able to write the case if i do wc q1.cas

i could not find this wc command in your tui manual does this wc command write the case as well as data?
      or should i write the data separately?
    • ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      perhaps could provide additional input on this one.
      Thanks
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Brackets can cause problems, in a TUI string they can mean something so best avoided.
      "wc" is short hand for "write-case". The TUI commands mostly have a shortened version, but use with caution as there are a few duplicates.
Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.