Fluids

Fluids

ANSYS Fluent Region Adaptation

• Bibek Poudel
      Subscriber

Hi, 

I am doing some simulations in Fluent and I wanted to adapt some region for patching the volume fraction for some materials as the initial condition. But while doing so I constantly get this error that the operation is not supported for the automatic updates and you can use it for the current session only. And then, while trying to patch the adapted region doesn't show in the dialogue box.  When I watch the YouTube tutorials, they are having no such problems, but in mine it keeps appearing up. Why is it so?  What am I doing wrong in here? I have even attached the picture of that error in here.

Thank you in advance!! 

Bibek

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Do you have Automatic Initialization of the Solution and Case Modification activated?

• Bibek Poudel
      Subscriber

Hi Amine, 

Thanks for the reply. But I don't know how to check that status? And do the fact that automatic initialization of the solution and case modification being activated affect this region adaption setting?? 

Bibek

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

That is why I am asking so that we might reconstruct the problem:

1/Are you using Fluent from WB? If yes then are you starting from Setup Cell?

2/Some more details

3/Automatic Initialization of the Solution and Case Modification can be found under Calculation activities.

Actually you do not need to adapt to patch: Just mark regions and here I recommend the use of the Cell Registers which remain stored in the case and do not get removed

• Bibek Poudel
      Subscriber

Hi Amine, 

Thanks for your reply again. I just checked and no the "Automatic Initialization" was not marked. But yeah, I guess you should not click the adapt, just marking them would be sufficient to patch. Thank you again for your help. 

Bibek

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Good to know that you can carry on. That would be kind of you if you mark my reply as the answer of your problem.

• Bibek Poudel
      Subscriber

Sure, Of course. I marked your answer as "Is Solution". 

Thanks, 
      Bibek 

• rishan Xie
      Subscriber

Hello,l also have the same problem.

l have already open the fluent,but l don't know what "setup cell and show more details" mean,so that l cannot find the "Automatic Initialization of the Solution and Case Modification",could you be more detailed.Thanks you in advance!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.