Fluids

Fluids

Ansys Fluent simulation

• abhin1217
      Subscriber
      Dear all,nI am trying to solve a heat transfer problem in which i have used flue gases to heat air flowing inside tubes while the flue gas is flowing outside. However while initializing the solution, I am getting the error zone of type interior found between different fluids.nI am also not able to get proper results at outlet.nCan anyone help me to solve this problem?n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      You need to put a wall between the two fluid zones: at present the shell side and tube side aren't separate. n
    • abhin1217
      Subscriber
      Hello sir. I would like to know that if I put a wall condition on the edges at which the fluids are interacting, will the flue gas still cause heat transfer to the fluid flowing in the pipe?n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Yes, a wall is a solid surface, heat will transfer through it based on the thickness you define: look at coupled walls in the User's Guide. n
    • abhin1217
      Subscriber
      Thank you for the valuable feedback. I'll definitely check it out and will update after that.n
    • LeonBrown
      Subscriber
      Hello! Please i need help urgently. I started my work (a tutorial) with Ansys 2019 R3 using school computer, now i have transferred the file to my laptop and on my laptop i use Ansys 2020 R2 and 2021 R1. Each time i try to open the project on the project schematic, the file type does not show .wbpj files and so the project which is a .wbpj file does not show for me to open. I then select all file types from the file type and the .wbpj file pops up, but will not open. It shows unsupported file format. But when i close workbench and go to the file itself on the desktop and double click, it opens up immediately on my 2020 R2 version (although i am still confused why 2020 R2 is a default programme to open the file, why?). My main question now is, how do i open a .wbpj file on workbench after i have closed the workbench and my laptop? Also, on both the computer in my school and my laptop, 2020 R2 seems to be a default programme to open my Ansys file, how do i change it? See image below for my problem.nn
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.