Fluids

Fluids

Ansys Fluent Soot tutorials

• Yuri
      Subscriber

Hello,

I am looking for more detailed information (especially step by step tutorials) about Ansys Fluent soot formation model. On the one hand, this theme is a quite complicated and still not fully researched according to arcticles from the Theory Guide, on the other hand, there must be a strong practical impact. Let me know if there any comminities, who research this kind of problem, I would be glad to join.

Thank You

• Karthik R
      Administrator

Hello Yuri,

You might want to search for "Tutorial: Modeling Soot with Moss-Brookes Method" on google and go thorough a few links. You might be able to find some resources through this search. Hope this is useful.

Best,

Karthik 

• Yuri
      Subscriber

Thanks for advice, Karthik,

Let me intoduce some details of my story. There are two Bjorn F. Magnussen articles, where C2H2 combustion was particulary considered (experimental data). I took all the initial conditions from that articles and ran the same numerical experiment in ANSYS Fluent. Than I compared Magnussen experimental and my CFD results and found some differences (Fig.1Fig. 1. Soot Models).

I wish to find out, what am I doing wrong in my numirical simulations. a) One-Step Model b) Two-Step Model c) Moss-Brookes (default) d) Moss-Brookes (Lee oxidation law)

Regards,

Yuri

• Karthik R
      Administrator

Hello,

I'd recommend that you find the tutorial file and make sure you have set-up the problem correct in Fluent. Also, I'd strongly recommend you share your physical model set-up (screenshots of geometry, mesh, boundary conditions, solver settings, type of models being used, and so on) on a separate post and ask your question regarding your specific issue in the community. I am sure people on the community will help you establish a reason for the issue you are observing.

I hope this helps.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Karthik

• Yuri
      Subscriber

Thank you,

I will follow the recommendations

Best Regards,

Yuri

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.