Ansys Free Student Software

Ansys Free Student Software

ANSYS Fluent starting very slow

• xtka
      Subscriber

Hello

I was using ANSYS Fluent 19.0. It was working well, but Fluent sometimes used to starting very slow. I've reinstalled this and now I have version 19.2. It was working few days after reinstallation, but now Fluent can't start. Every component (DesignModeler, Meshing etc) is working well. CPU usage of Fluent processes during start is 0%. I've tried running it parallel but there is no difference. Mesh is loading about 4 minutes, but window is like frozen and it's impossible to click anything. Restarting PC doesn't work. Problem appears in every project, even with single Fluent component (without geometry and mesh). 

Thank you in advance

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi xtka ,

If it was working right after the installation, please try resetting the configuration by

Open CMD prompt, then issue the following command

move %appdata%ansysv192 %appdata%ansysv192.back

Does this make any difference ?

If not, what is the OS and graphics card on the machine ?

Thanks,

Win

• xtka
      Subscriber

Hi tsiriaks,

I have tried that but it does not work. I have also reinstalled graphic's card drivers but still no difference.

My OS is Windows 10 and I have GeForce 650M. 

Thanks

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi xtka ,

Just so that I understand your current state, 

Now you can't start Fluent 19.2 at all. Does it show any error, or just stuck at some stage ? If stuck, please post the screenshot. What about 19.0 ? 

Also, when you said Mesh, you meant in Workbench or in Fluent ? If in Fluent, what version ? If not in Fluent, can you try just a stand-alone Fluent ?

Thanks,

Win

• xtka
      Subscriber

Hi tsiriaks,

There is no error, it just takes about 10 minutes to start Fluent (in other words, to get green light at the bottom of Workbench window). After this time, it is hard to move geometry or even click on any option. Problem occurs in every case, component system or stand-alone Fluent. 

But I have realized that I have two graphic cards - integrated (Intel) and dedicated (Nvidia). I have updated Intel drivers and now it works fine. That was the problem.

Thank you for help

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi xtka ,

Thanks for providing your resolution.

However, if you updated Intel drivers and it helps you, that means you are not using your Nvidia card with ANSYS.

I'm not sure if your card has settings like this 

https://support.serato.com/hc/en-us/articles/202305784-Changing-graphics-card-settings-to-use-your-dedicated-GPU-on-a-Windows-computer-

If so, you can set that to make your Nvidia card a primary graphics card.

Thanks,

Win

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.