Fluids

Fluids

ANSYS FLUENT TUTORIALS

• Tom Doan
      Subscriber

Hi everybody,

Could someone recommend me some book, pdf or video collections of the way how to use spectrum to processing noise or what other physical quality in ansys FLUENT tutorials?!

Thank you so much for advance.

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

I recommend having a look into our Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ANSYSHowToVideos as well as checking our standard tutorials in the help. For acoustic relevant topics I recommend attending a training. 

• Tom Doan
      Subscriber

Thank you so much. 

About acoustics i can do. but in here i want to to use spectrum to processing acoustic result.

Do you have any think do that.

Thank a lot .

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Can you elaborate a bit on you question? What are you willing to do? What are you requiring? 

• Tom Doan
      Subscriber

now i can setup the model, plot some physical results. but now i want to plot spectrum of noise results.

I want to see what is the places, object or the physical quantity an effect on the noise? 

• Konstantine Kourbatski
      Ansys Employee

Hello,

Sec. 11.16.1.1.4. Fast Fourier Transform of CFD-post User Guide can be a good start point for you to familiarize yourself with the FFT signal post-processing. This post-processing can be done either is CFD-post or directly in Fluent. For more information, please refer to Fluent's User and Theory Guides for additional information. If you never did FFT and don't know much about spectral analysis of signals, then it would be a good idea to review some basics of its theory. There is a plenty of resources online on this topic which you can review.

• Tom Doan
      Subscriber

Thank you so much

do you have any video do about FFT ?

• Karthik R
      Administrator

Hello Tom,

You will be able to find a lot of videos covering the basics of FFT on Youtube. They hopefully will be able to bring you up to speed with FFT and help you move forward in your analysis.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Karthik 

• Tom Doan
      Subscriber

thank you so much

• Tom Doan
      Subscriber

Hi everyone 

Thank you so much for give me suggestion to do about ansys fluent.

now i still have problem with plot FFT in ansys fluent.

My model setup is : cavitation + LES + Acoustics 

In my model i have setup get maximum Acoustics results of one point belong to time and i have input that data to FFT plot.

the results coming out just have frequency from 0 to 0.5 (Hz) like figure :

Do you know how to setup in ansys let FFT can get results with more frequency (10000 to 20000 HZ)

Thank you so much.

Best Regards,

Tom

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.