Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Ansys for ARM Macs

• Wiss
      Subscriber
      Hi everyone,ni am currently studying fluids mechanics and I use Fluent a lot : I would like to know if ANSYS communicated about a possible future compatibility with ARM processors with the new Macs ? Will we see a ARM installation version of ANSYS ?.Thank you for your help,n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Whilst I can't comment on future development (I don't know what we're going to do beyond what I'm testing for Fluent), the fact that we've got this far without a Mac build could suggest it's not going to be soon. Nothing to do with the chip, more the lack of Mac OS usage for any engineering software. Some of the Windows emulators seem to work (we don't support them officially, but that means we've not tested rather than they won't work). Platform information is given here https://www.ansys.com/solutions/solutions-by-role/it-professionals/platform-support n
    • Wiss
      Subscriber
      Thank you for your help it will help me to figure out which laptop to buy for my current courses.nBest regards,n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      I'd suggest Windows for any course work simply because it's a far more common OS for industry, so most vendors release a Student version for that. n
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.