General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Ansys force reaction for bottle

• aravind0318
      Subscriber

hello everyone,

I have doubt on my analysis. I am doing analysis on the pet bottle. As per my knowledge 2 nd design (with ring) will be strong, but while analyzing in ansys  2 nd design showing less reaction force than 1st design. Can anyone tell me why this is happening?

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

I expect you have not done a mesh convergence study to show that the result you got from each model is independent of element size. If you do this, you may find the initial result had a large error compared with the exact solution using data from the mesh convergence study.

If you wish to do this, I recommend you slice your model and use 1/4 symmetry to get the solution more quickly.

• aravind0318
      Subscriber

Can you tell me which design is stronger?

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

The one with the rib in it will have a higher force to deflect it a constant distance.

• aravind0318
      Subscriber

yes, i thought the same. but the analysis results giving me opposite. the one with rib is lower reaction force compared to the normal one. Why is this happening?  please can you tell me?

• aravind0318
      Subscriber

yes, i got the correct results after dividing it to 1/4 th and changing mesh to curvature mesh, it saved me a lot of time. thank you very much.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.