August 30, 2023 at 9:10 pmSean LangdaleSubscriber
Hello, I'm looking to understand if ANSYS is capable of functionality I'm looking for to complete my Maters project before I start researching how to use the software.
I want to do the following and would greatly appreciate advice on whether its possible, and if so, perhaps some good training materials/examples to get me started:
1. I need to create a room made of steel construction and model a cable running through it with a DC current so that I can understand the DC magnetic field distribution at various distances from the cable so I know the magnetic field strength at these distances.
2. I then need to be able to change the parameters of the current in the cable, steel (walls, floor, ceiling) thickness and steel grade etc.
3. I want to be able to create a easy to use interface which allows a user to change room layout and cable position quickly and re-run analyses, i.e. an app which allows quick input of a physical set up and fast results.
thank you in advance for assistance with this request.
August 31, 2023 at 8:09 amHarinath VudumulaAnsys Employee
Hello Sean Langdale,
we can do these simulation in ANSYS MAXWELL by using magnetostatic solver. we can place a pointer to find out the fields. we can change the parameters by using parametrics in the tool but to change the steel grade we need to change the material properties those also can be parameterized. To know more about the MAXWELL, we have learning hub you can visit and take getting startesd with Maxwell course, the link given below.
August 31, 2023 at 9:27 pmSean LangdaleSubscriber
Thank you for your response 🙂
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Process ‘3dtds’ terminated abnormally
- Error while solving Optimetrics
- Concept of Interpolation Sweep in HFSS
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.