February 6, 2021 at 3:52 pmYi-Hao ChenAnsys Employee
When you run a simulation in FDTD the job manager window shows the auto shutoff level, which is a measure of the energy left in the simulation window. This value is used to determine if the calculation can be stopped before the end of the simulation time. In some cases it might happen that the job manager shows the value of the auto shutoff to be 1 or some value smaller than 1 but larger than the minimum from the simulation settings (1e-5 by default) and then the simulation suddenly stops. This does not necessarily mean that the simulation did not reach the condition for early shutoff. If the log file created during the simulation shows the following message:
Early termination of simulation, the autoshutoff criteria are satisfied.Viewing 0 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Lumerical support has moved to the Ansys Learning Forum (ALF)
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- focusing efficiency
Top Rated Tags