March 16, 2021 at 5:29 amKhashayar GhaffariAnsys EmployeeCan GPU be used to improve calculations and to save time?nGPU acceleration is an interesting technology with significant potential, but like everything, trade-offs are involved.nAt this point, our FDTD solver does not support GPU acceleration.nIf you are thinking about purchasing new hardware to make your simulations run faster, the best option is a multi-processor computer.nThese systems provide good performance because each processor has it?s own memory bus connection to the RAM.nSimulation speeds are typically limited by the memory bandwidth between RAM and processor, so having one memory bus per processor means the simulation speed tends to scale well with the number of processors. ????nSee Also:nDetermining optimum resource configuration for FDTDnTips on running FDTD simulations
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.