March 15, 2021 at 10:41 amGreg BaethgeAnsys Employee
There are two approaches to define the optical properties of graphene in Lumerical’s optical solvers (FDTD and MODE):
Viewing 0 reply threads
- Using a 2d surface conductivity model: This is the recommended approach since it is computationally efficient and has physical meaning given the atomic thickness of graphene. Most of the examples in the Knowledge Base use this approach. Graphene is included in the simulation as a 2D rectangle and its surface conductivity is given by the Kubo formula, which depends on three parameters: scattering rate, chemical potential and temperature. These parameters can be set in the material properties when creating the desired graphene material.
- Volumetric permittivity approach: Instead of a 2D rectangle we use a regular rectangle (with some thickness) and define the permittivity or refractive index. These are bulk properties but they can be related to the surface conductivity using:
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.