March 12, 2021 at 7:53 pmShin-Sung KimAnsys Employee
This post describes how to implement dispersive models not directly supported by Lumerical Solutions. This example shows how you might create a Plasma + Lorentz model.
One option is to use the Analytic material model, which requires an analytic function to define the refractive index. The second option, which we will consider here, is to evaluate the function with some other tool (eg. MATLAB) and use the Sampled data material model.
Create the dispersive model data
The following provides an example of how this can be done. This script function outputs the n,k values from a combined Plasma + Lorentz model to create a new material in the Material database. The script automatically creates the material with n,k data loaded in. Users can choose to export the data to a text file and load it back in using the Sampled data, but this procedure might introduce numerical precision problems.Viewing 0 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.