March 12, 2021 at 3:38 pmShin-Sung KimAnsys Employee
To simulate an incoherent unpolarized dipole source we need to perform 3 simulations. In each simulation, there must be one dipole that is orthogonal to the dipoles in the other simulations. The fields from each simulation can be added incoherently.
In practice, this means that we simulate a dipole oriented along the x, y, and z axes respectively in each simulation. To obtain the unpolarized fields, we can simply sum the results incoherently. This means that the time-averaged electric field intensity of an unpolarized dipole source, or a large number of randomly oriented dipoles in a spatial volume much smaller than the wavelength can be expressed as follows:Viewing 0 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.