March 13, 2021 at 1:26 amKyleAnsys Employee
The simplest way to generate a hollow object or an object with a coated core (core-shell) is to add two solid concentric objects which overlap in the central region, and set the mesh order of the objects appropriately.
The mesh order is a property which can either be set from the material database, or in the object properties. In regions where several objects overlap, the material with a smaller mesh order number will take priority. For more information about setting the mesh order property, see this page:
A common example is a coated spherical nanoparticle. To create this, you can add two concentric sphere objects centered at the same location. If the core object with a smaller radius has a mesh order of 1, and the coating object with a larger radius has the default mesh order of 2, then the core material will included in the simulation.Viewing 0 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.