March 16, 2021 at 5:46 amKhashayar GhaffariAnsys Employee
Is it possible to do a 2D simulation in FDTD Solutions on a plane other than the default XY plane?
By default, the FDTD solver only has 2D setting on the XY plane. That said, there are some ways to set up a quasi-2D simulation in a 3D FDTD solver, say on the XZ plane with the memory requirement on the scale of a 2D simulation.
The trick is make a 3D simulation region with a one-mesh-cell thick y span. Like this screenshot below:Viewing 0 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Lumerical support has moved to the Ansys Learning Forum (ALF)
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- focusing efficiency
- How to perform optimization over terminal in linux without GUI?
Top Rated Tags