March 15, 2021 at 10:35 amGreg BaethgeAnsys Employee
Although time domain simulation method is able to return broadband results, we still would want to run single frequency simulations in some situations to obtain a full spectrum. We have a built in parameter sweep GUI tool for this purpose, or users can always choose to make use some script commands to achieve this. No matter which way the sweep is done, there are several tips to improve the smoothness of a spectrum.
FDTD and varFDTD
In FDTD and varFDTD, there is a setting in the Advanced options tab in the Edit simulation window, like this screenshot below. This can make sure the material fit and mesh generation are in a good shape for the sweep.Viewing 0 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.