Ansys Free Student Software

Ansys Free Student Software

Ansys Installation error

• SiftyCent
      Subscriber

Hello, I am trying to install ansys 2020 but every time i go to install it a critical error message pop up.

• ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      Can you please ensure that you have extracted the downloaded zip file and are installing from the extracted files? Have you also tried downloading a new copy of the installer in case the download was somehow corrupt?n
    • Dragos82
      Subscriber
      Hello,nLast month i have installed Ansys Student 2020 R2 on one PC and worked perfectly and now i am trying to install it on a different computer, but i keep on getting the error mentioned above uninst_data.dat can't be found. Is there a fix for this installation? Thank you in advance!n
    • ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      Can you please ensure that you have extracted the downloaded zip file and are installing from the extracted files? n
    • Dragos82
      Subscriber
      Hi Mmadore,nI can confirm that! I have tried WinRar, 7zip and WinZip to unzip de archive. When the installation should start than a pop-up windows appears Critical Error, that for a while is blank and then i get the message about the missing file. Is annoying because i am trying now to learn Ansys and i was asked by my teamleader to get familiar with the Student version. At home i managed to do a simulation but in the office if i don't manage to install the same 2020 R2 i won't be able to open it. This is my story :(n
    • Dragos82
      Subscriber
      Hi Mmadore,nThis is what i was getting... nI clicked OK and for the first time after 3 try-outs the pop-up dissapeared and the installation started and close to 90% the Critical Error pup-up came again, clicked OK and after the installation got completed. Now, i can use the Workbench and i was able to open the project file.nSo, there is still hope!nHave a good day!n
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.