Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Ansys isn’t opening

Tagged: 

• Finalyty
      Subscriber

When I'm trying to open Ansys it's stopping on the "Initializing project" step and drops opening.

• subhamdas
      Subscriber
      Might be due to some issue in installation. Can you try opening associated applications(eg. Fluent/ CFD-Post)?n
    • Finalyty
      Subscriber
      subhamdas, yes, I can open Fluent as well as Viewer.n
    • subhamdas
      Subscriber
      A similar problem was addressed here. Check if this helps!nn
    • Finalyty
      Subscriber
      subhamdas, I found these instructions:nClose all open Ansys Applications.nOpen windows file explorernIn the address path bar copy and paste the following text:n%APPDATA%AnsysnRename the v191 directory to v191_old.n but copying and pasting the following text doesn't have any resultn
    • tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee
      That was for v19.1, try this command in the CMD Prompt insteadnmove %appdata%\ansys %appdata%\ansys.oldnCan you check the Windows Event Viewer as described in the post in the link above to see there is any event recorded when it crashes ?nDo you have an install.err file under (default location) C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc or C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Studentnif so, please post its content.nAnother thing to try is to temporarily disabling the firewall and anti-virus on the machine. If it helps, you can turn them back on but add the appropriate exclusions.n
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.