Feedback

Feedback

Ansys Learning Forum vs Ansys Learning Hub

• MikeS
      Subscriber

Hello,

As a new user of Ansys products (Lumerical) I only briefly had the chance to use the Knowledge Database, which seemed a cohesive and rigid source of troubleshooting. Now there are two platforms (Ansys Learning Forum / Ansys Learning Hub) and often I find myself confused about where I should ask my questions or search for solutions. The rules and guidelines of this forum did not clarify that. Could someone please explain their difference and provide some insight into where questions are better placed?

Thanks!

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      ALH is meant only for training. Please do not ask any question on ALH.
      If you have commercial license, please use Ansys customer portal to submit support request.
      You can always ask questions on this forum at any time.
      Regards Keyur
      How to access Ansys Online Help Document
      How to show full resolution image
      Guidelines on the Student Community
      How to use Google to search within Ansys Student Community
    • MikeS
      Subscriber
      Thanks for the reply, although it's not very insightful. I mean, there is a huge "ASK A question" button at ALH. Is this meant only for course / training related questions?
      If I use a commercial license, will the question eventually become public? The difference between asking for support through this forum and the customer portal is the response time?
      Cheers
    • Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      On ALH ask question option is given for that particular course. If you have commercial license, you can use customer portal.
      On forum is public.
      On forum as Ansys employees, we have certain limitations like we can not download attachments etc.
      Regards Keyur
      How to access Ansys Online Help Document
      How to show full resolution image
      Guidelines on the Student Community
      How to use Google to search within Ansys Student Community
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      To add, any question you ask on here and the ALH are considered public. Ie anyone with access (ie any user with a log in) can see the question and poster name (no other details). Commercial support comes under the licence agreement terms and any NDAs that are in place between the company and Ansys so isn't public.
    • MikeS
      Subscriber
      Thanks and for the additional comments, appreciated.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.