Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Ansys License Issue (LSI)

• hamidghaffari
      Subscriber

Dear all,

When I installed the Ansys license file on my laptop computer, I encountered a technical issue. My installed license file has not been working properly due to problems with the installed file. I would appreciate your assistance in this matter. Please see the attached files and let me know if you need more information.

Thank You.

• Lito Yap
      Ansys Employee
      Ensure that the License file Hostname = Hamid and HostID = DISK_SERIAL_NUM=706a5302 matches with HostID information on the Ansys license management center. If only the HostName is different, edit the "ansyslmd.lic" license file with the Hostname indicated on the Ansys LMCenter. If the DISK_SERIAL_NUMBER does not match,
      " target="blank">rehost the entitlement to the correct license server in the ANSYS Licensing Portal. And add/install the new license file.

• hamidghaffari
    Subscriber

Thank you for your reply.
    As I Checked with Ansys license manager website regarding the requested information. The host name is " DESKTOP-FBF7O71 " and the host ID is "(DISK_SERIAL_NUM=706a5302)" Which is matched with " ansyslmd.lic " license file.
    Please see the attached files for more detail and let me know if you need additional information.

• Lito Yap
    Ansys Employee
    As mentioned, edit the "ansyslmd.lic" license file to the hostname indicated on the Ansys license manager. Your "ansyslmd.lic" should be:
    SERVER DESKTOP-FBF7O71 DISK_SERIAL_NUM=706a5302 1055
    VENDOR ansyslmd PORT=1056
    Then Start the Ansys License Manager after the change.
  • hamidghaffari
    Subscriber
    Dear Lito Thank you so much For your quick replay. I revised the " ansyslmd.lic" file based on your comments. Please see the attached images and let me know what are the next steps?
    Thank you in advance.

• Lito Yap
    Ansys Employee
    Please Open/Run NotePad as Administrator and edit the "ansyslmd.lic" file from the folder: "C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\Shared Files\Licensing\license_files\". Then Start the Ansys LM.

• hamidghaffari
    Subscriber
    Thanks for taking the time to guide me.

• Lito Yap
    Ansys Employee
    You are welcome. Glad to see that the Ansys LM is up and running. Let us know if you run into any issues with the application/simulation tools
  • Viewing 7 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.