Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Ansys license issue

Subscriber

Hello, my Ansys software workbench 14.5 is having some issue. I got the license and also the license manager install but when i use it, some license issue will exist. May i ask got anyone how to solve it

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Please can you re-post the image? Staff are not permitted to open attachments. As an aside, R14.5 is over 10 years old now, you may find several improvements by updating to 2022R1 (v23 in old money).
      Subscriber
      Ya, i know that ansys 14.5 is more than 10 years but my lecturer recommended me to use that as he quite familiar to workbench 14.5
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Might be worth showing him 2022R1 it looks much the same but is significantly improved.
      That error suggests the computer can't see the licence. When you say you installed the licence, do you mean you pointed the manager at the Campus system or that you copied a file onto your machine? One for I suspect. I just break computers!

• George Karnos
      Ansys Employee
      I second Rob's comment:
      That error suggests the computer can't see the license.
      When you say you installed the license, do you mean you pointed the manager at the Campus system or that you copied a file onto your machine?
      Is MSI the hostname of where the license is installed?
      If you check the license.log file:
      c:\Program Files\Ansys Inc\shared files\licensing\license.log
      Does it show any errors?

Subscriber
      The manager i means license manager which copy from the installation zip file from my lecturer. MSI the is hostname of my laptop and also the license is also installed on the laptop. For the license log file, it does not shows any error
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      The "normal" licences are tied to a specific computer/server so can't be shared like that. For a University, you'd typically install the software and licence manager locally, and point the latter at a Uni server. There's also a reasonable chance that R14.5 won't understand Win10, I think we were moving from XP to Win7 at the time it came out....
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.