Ansys Products

Ansys Products

ANSYS license manager is not lunching up after installation completed

• roniw
      Subscriber

Hi,

I bought a license for my group, and I am trying to install the ANSYS license manager. After the installation is completed, my next button is gray and the only option that is not grayed out is the exit button. After pressing exit, the license manager is not launching in the browser. Please assist.

(There is a warning in the log installation: "WARNING: Licensing files currently installed are more recent than those on the installation media.

The files will not be installed and will be deselected....", however, I don't have any other licenses to my knowledge.

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi roniw,

Could you list the name of the packages that you used to install ANSYS products on this machine including this package that you are using to install ANSYS License Manager ?

Did you install ANSYS Additive by any chance (especially v19.0) ?

That warning simply means that it completely skipped the installation of ANSYS License Manager because it found some more recent binaries in the installed directory. There are some files/binaries that ANSYS License Manager shares with ANSYS products. If those files from ANSYS products are newer, it would create this issue.

I can provide more suggestions if you can list all of the packages you used to install any ANSYS-related applications.

Thank you,

Win

• roniw
      Subscriber

I may have installed ANSYS Discovery Ultimate (3.9Gb) version previously, but I thought I uninstalled it. I was trying to install the ANSYS License Manager through the link to the ANSYS Discovery Enterprise instructions webpage. In my email instructions it doesn't say which package should I install. Is there any way to check that?

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi roniw,

Could you uninstall everything again, then, this time, also manually remove ANSYS Inc folder (default path is C:Program FilesANSYS Inc) . Then, try to reinstall ANSYS License Manager again and see if it works.

Thank you,

Win

• roniw
      Subscriber

Ok, Thank you, the License Manager now works.

• roniw
      Subscriber

Ok, the License Manager seems to work and it is activated, but now I'm getting an error message when I lunch Discovery live or any other Discovery software, and it write:"Capability ANSYS Discovery Live does not exist in the ANSYS licensing pool. None of the products enabling this capability are available in the specified license path:..." can you assist me?

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi roniw,

That's great ! Glad it's working now. If there is no outstanding licensing issue, could you mark this thread as "resolved" so that others would know that there is an answer available in this thread for issue like this ?

Thank you,

Win

• roniw
      Subscriber

Hi Win,

There is still an open issue with the license, please advice on how to continue.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.