Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Ansys license server workbench, fluent errors

• tyrone
      Subscriber

My ansys 19.1  license server (Winsvr2016 std 64bit) is denying access to workbench and fluent clients intermittently. Please analyze the log files and determine if the server licenses are being exhausted by client requests, or whether one user is hogging all of the licenses, or whether there is some software error.

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi tyrone@me.lsu.edu,

On the license server machine, create a file named ansyslmd.ini under C:Program FilesANSYS IncShared FilesLicensing  , then put the following in its content

ANSYSLI_TIMEOUT_FLEXLM=15

ANSYSLI_FNP_IP_ENV=1

ANSYSLI_FLEXLM_TIMEOUT_ENV=15000000

Then, restart the ANSYS License Manager.

If this doesn't help, ask the users that have this issue to add the same thing in ansyslmd.ini on their local machine.

It may also be worth checking whether these  cadlab25.lsu.edu , cadlab25  ,  cadlab25.me.lsu.edu  , resolve to the same IP address (from any client machine and the license server machine).

Thank you,

Win

• tyrone
      Subscriber

Applied the suggested fix. Will see if users can connect.

Cadlab25, cadlab25.lsu.edu, cadlab25.me.lsu.edu all resolve to 96.125.112.206.

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Sounds good.

Please do let us know how it goes.

Thank you,

Win

• tyrone
      Subscriber

I have a linux64 cluster client that you see as mike086 in my log files. The majority of the problem seems to occur from cluster users.

The cluster can resolve cadlab25.me.lsu.edu and cadlab25.lsu.edu correctly, but it cannot resolve the alias cadlab25 at all.

Windows clients can resolve all 3. Is this a problem for Ansys connections?

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi tyrone@me.lsu.edu,

I think IP resolution may not be the issue at this time. But if you like to make sure, you can try changing the currently installed license files on the server 

C:Program FilesANSYS IncShared FilesLicensinglicense_filesansoftd.lic

C:Program FilesANSYS IncShared FilesLicensinglicense_filesansyslmd.lic

so that it uses fqdn instead of hostnames (make sure you restart the ANSYS License Manager after this change)

Can you post the most recent logs (FlexNet Debug log and Licensing Interconnect), which include the failed attempts of mike086 ?

If the error message still has this "FLEXlm server is not responding. Resource temporarily not available." , please add the same thing in the ansylmd.ini file of the cluster (e.g., /ansys_inc/shared_files/licensing/ansyslmd.ini) .

Thank you,

Win

• tyrone
      Subscriber

I stopped the license server because I could not edit the .lic files while running. I tried to re-install the license files after

changing the CADLAB25 string to CADLAB25.me.lsu.edu in both files. I tried to add the apache license file, and the admin process gives me the error:

2018/10/16 154:00: Did not upload file - Error: A correctly-formatted VENDOR line was not found in the license file.

The vendor line reads: VENDOR apacheda. That's it. Only the SERVER line was modified. What is the problem now? Urgent: can't start the server again until this is resolved. I removed the .me.lsu.edu string - with no effect. Don't understand this.

• tyrone
      Subscriber

Where do you attach files in this process?

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi tyrone@me.lsu.edu,

Don't install license file for apache. That doesn't work with ANSYS License Manager. Just install the ones that say ansys or ansoft.

Thank you,

Win

• tyrone
      Subscriber

I upgraded the license manager to version 19.2. The cluster clients and windows clients are working now. Thanks.

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi tyrone@me.lsu.edu,

That's great !

Thanks for the update.

Win 

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.