Ansys Products

Ansys Products

ANSYS Lumerical Academic (Borrowable) License is not accessible to clients

1. test-netconnection 128.95.196.91 -port 1055: The result is failed, as attached picture 2
    2. test-netconnection 128.95.196.91 The result is succeed
    3. These results indicate that the connection in 1055 and 1056 ports are still blocked. But we are not sure why that is the case, as we have opened the ports.

The error message is shown in figure 3. We noticed that there was a similar issue in a previous post https://forum.ansys.com/discussion/6792/client-machine-does-not-borrow-the-licences

but the detailed solution was not mentioned. Please advise how we should get the license to work. We are not attaching the license files. But if it's required we can upload it as well. Thanks a lot for your help!

• Luis Silveira
    Ansys Employee
    Hello,
    Make sure that you have the ports open inbound and outbound.
  • charey
    Subscriber
    Hi Thanks for your comments. We have made sure both inbound and outbound rules are set and enabled on both server and local client. However, it is still not working. Are there any other suggestions?
    Best Rui
  • charey
    Subscriber
    Would it be helpful if I post some of the license interconnect log here for you to check?
  • Luis Silveira
    Ansys Employee
    You will need to determine what is causing the Test-NetConnection xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -Port 1055 to fail.
    Your IT Team should be able to determine what is causing it.
    Are you using another IP (external IP address) for the server?
    Are the client machines, laptop or desktop computers?
    Docking station used?
    Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cable to the modem ?
    Local Network connected, or remote and VPN used?

• charey
    Subscriber
    Hi Thanks for your questions.
    Are you using another IP (external IP address) for the server?
    The IP address is correct. This was verified by the fact that we can remote connect to the server using Windows Remote Connection. We also verified that on the server using ipconfig commend.
    Are the client machines, laptop or desktop computers?
    It could be any type. Right now I'm using a laptop with win 11 system.
    Docking station used?
    I don't think so.
    Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cable to the modem ?
    The server is connect via Ethernet cable. Client is via wi-fi. We are in the same local network.
    Local Network connected, or remote and VPN used?
    Local Network
  • Lito Yap
    Ansys Employee
    It looks like you are on a different network.
    license server IP: 128.95.196.91
    client/source IP: 10.18.203.112
    Are you connected to the Wifi (Internet)? Can you check with IT how you can access the license server: 128.95.196.91 on TCP ports 1055 and 1056 from your computer: 10.18.203.112 via Wifi (internet) i.e. via VPN? Or connect the client computer via LAN ethernet cable - on the same network as the license server. Try to set the inbound rules on Windows as shown in this post.
    Can you check the license server status from the client computer?
    "C:\Program Files\Lumerical\v221\licensingclient\winx64\lmutil.exe" lmstat -c1055@128.95.196.91 -a -i
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.