July 1, 2020 at 10:04 amAymanSubscriber
How could I define a fracture damage material in Ansys
July 1, 2020 at 7:59 pmWenlongAnsys Employee
What material are you trying to model? What is your analysis type? Static Structural or Explicit dynamics?
To get started:
1. Johnson-Cook material in Explicit (https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v201/en/exd_ag/ds_ex_mat_johncookf.html)
2. Damage initiation and evolution law can be used for composite (https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v201/en/ans_mat/mat_damageall.html?q=damage)
3. Microplane material model is well suited for simulating engineering materials consisting of various aggregate compositions with differing properties such as concrete (https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v201/en/ans_mat/microplane.html?q=damage)
4. RHT model is also for concrete in explicit (https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v201/en/exd_ag/ds_ex_mat_rhtconc.html)
================ Note ====================
If you have trouble opening the links I attached, please see the first useful link below
- How to access Ansys Online Help Document
- How to show full resolution image
- How to use Google to search within Ansys Student Community
July 5, 2020 at 8:30 pmAymanSubscriber
I study a connection between steel hollow box section column and beam under a moment (static structure) and my doctor send me material he has used in Abaqus to measure the fracture damage and ask me to apply it in Ansys but I can't find any similar material behaviour like this in Ansys
so if you can help me to apply it or find out how to simulate it.
sorry for my late reply and thanks in advance.
July 7, 2020 at 8:49 pmWenlongAnsys Employee
I don't recall material models that's directly related to ductile damage with stress triaxiality but that can be the limit of my knowledge. The damage initiation and evolution is more geared towards composite materials and doesn't consider strain rate. Gurson material model does have damage and is for metal.
Did you use explicit or static in Abaqus? I asked because this type of behavior is typically hard to converge in static structural analysis. In Ansys LS-DYNA and explicit dynamics, there are ductile damage/fracture materials you can use such as Johson-cook.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- PLA Material
- ANSYS 19.0 with Additive Manufacturing Extension
- *LOCAL COORDINATE SYSTEM ANSYS APDL ? how Ansys transform coordinates system?
- How do I make a chart with multiple material parameters on y-axis?
- Invalid Assignment error
- Ansys material damage
- Material nonlinearity model for FRP composite materials
- How can I do non-linear analysis with inertia relief turned on on Ansys?
- Standard State Enthalpy of 63Sn-37Pb
- looking for processes that can make tubes: I obtain two different solutions