October 20, 2022 at 1:26 pmSidharth MaheshSubscriber
I have a doubt regarding how to choose a unit cell for RVE in material designer ? I saw that the orthotropic properties are changing w.r.t the chosen volume.
- I have a lamination stack which consists of 400 numbers of 0.355mm laminations (out of which 0.343mm is steel and 0.006mm is backlack coating - epoxy per side).
- I would like to calculate the combined orthotropic property of the rotor stack.
- I chose a RVE of 0.343mm steel and 0.006mm backlack epoxy per side and did the simulation to get the properties but it is not matching when I change the volume. I hope since it is a material property it shouldn't change but its changing when i change the volume and its not matching with hand calculations (based on analytical equations).
- How to find out the exact unit cell ?
Kindly guide me in this aspect
November 22, 2022 at 11:38 amJohn DoyleAnsys Employee
Perhaps you are exceeding the limitation of homogenization approach. Have you reviewed Section 3.1 of the Material Designer Theory Manual? Can you arrive at a correct result with a simpler example?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Colors and Mesh Display
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.