February 16, 2020 at 4:45 pmreebalnSubscriber
Based on what I found:
Ansys Maxwell can use GPU to speed up the simulations.
I have an Nvidia GTX 1050 GPU on my computer and a decent amount of RAM. I am running parametric setups Maxwell 3D/Eddy Current.
I was wondering if I can specify my GPU utilization to distribute the computational effort between my CPU and GPU according to my needs. HPC Options settings do not have many options. I was only able to utilize %30 of GPU (peak utilization) however most of the time it was around %5 - %15.
February 17, 2020 at 11:13 amRobAnsys Employee
The solvers tend to take what they need rather than all that you give it so it may be the model is small enough that it's not going to fully utilise the gpu.
December 19, 2022 at 2:05 pmAntoine DupuisSubscriber
I'm trying to find ressources on how to use GPU with Ansys Maxwell to speed up my simulations, but the first link doesn't seem to be active anymore. Do you have any hints or indication ??
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- Signing up as ANSYS Support Coordinator
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Running ANSYS HFSS on multiple nodes on SLURM based cluster
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- Number of parallel paths in Ansys Maxwell
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.