Electronics

Electronics

Ansys Maxwell simplorer interfacing

• Sherin Joseph
      Subscriber

I have modelled high frequency transformer(HFT) in Maxwell and obtaned the desred output by exciting with sinusoidal supply and as the next I would like to excite the HFT from inverter output. For that  I have given external excitation by constructing an inverter in Simplorer and interlinking the same to maxwell. But when I simualte the same, I am not getting any desired values. Found some transients in the results.

When I gave inverter output to a load with out interfacing to HFT, it will give the desired waveform. 

Can anyone help me to give an idea about any specification match is require for inter-connecting  maxwell and simplorer circuits

• Howard
      Ansys Employee

Hello Sherin Joseph,

Could you build dataset for the excitation with your desired waveform, to simulate the Maxwell model? to make sure if the Maxwell model is good for the HFT simulation.

HDLI 

• Sherin Joseph
      Subscriber

I have analysed HFT in Maxwell transient solver. It worked propoerly in transient solver with the sinusoidal input given by selecting Voltage excitation.

Here my problem arises when I replace voltage excitation with the external excitation. Although sinusoidal excitaion through simplorer gave desired response, when I repace that with excitation through power inverters I am not getting any waveforms (desired inputs and outputs). 

I doubt some problem in power elctronic circuit interconnection to maxwell.

Can I get some tutorials for learning the same.

• Howard
      Ansys Employee

Hello Sherin Joseph,

My suggestion is to use dataset to build PWM waveform excitation, as similar as your inputs, to test the Maxwell model.

If your inputs is not correct in the Simplorer, please check the inverter with indutance and resistance load first. We need to seperate models to determine which part has an issue.

HDLI

• Sherin Joseph
      Subscriber

I worked with fourier series expression for five level invrter (120 degree mode of opearion) input and it also works proprly. But in that I didn't include PWM techniques in that inverter model, due to complexity in calclation.

Can i get any reference materials  for dataset calculations to PWM wave form excitation.

Thanks for your quick respose.

• Howard
      Ansys Employee

Hello Sherin Joseph,

Please review the KM.https://support.ansys.com/KnowledgeResources/Solutions?solutionIdentifier=sol2052724&productName=ANSYS+Maxwell&productFamily=Electronics.

or Ansys learning hub, Maxwell getting started training, transient solver. 

HDLI

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.