November 27, 2017 at 9:09 pmbig man on campusSubscriber
So I am working on a project where we are using ANSYS 18.1. The project asks for us to examine a coffee table that is constructed from a composite material. The composite material is a MDF material that is in between two red oak layers, the red oak layers are orthotropic and can be applied in more than one layer. The first part of the problem is to determine the minimum thickness of the red oak layers in order to satisfy deflection constants on the material. The other part of the problem is to examine in the fibers of the red oak was oriented by 45 deg. The first part of the problem was easy for me and I had no issues. The part that I am having trouble with is orienting the fibers such they are at 45 deg. I am using ANSYS Work bench. If anyone has any tips or ideas on how I can approach the problem please let me know. I attached the problem statement.
December 24, 2017 at 5:53 pmjonnyflowersSubscriber
Use ACP and post to create composites. You can then orient all your layers and apply the relevant thicknesses
December 27, 2017 at 4:33 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
This ACP tutorial is on 18.1.
January 28, 2020 at 3:35 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
Mechjegdeesan, please copy your post above and start a New Discussion, then delete the post above. That way, you will be notified when you get replies because you will own the discussion.
January 29, 2020 at 4:01 ammechjegadeesanSubscriber
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.