September 5, 2019 at 11:24 ambtingthewindSubscriber
I am new to ANSYS mechanical and encountering a problem that: WARNING, There is at least 1 small equation solver pivot term (e.g., at the UZ degree).
This occurs during my simulation a steady-state therm in ANSYS mechanical, the thermal boundary comes from FLUENT simulation, then I have it mapped to a corresponding solid structure interface, however, there comes the above warning, so, what should I do to have this problem resolved?
September 5, 2019 at 1:45 pmSandeep MedikondaAnsys Employee
Does your analysis stop?
September 5, 2019 at 11:29 pmbtingthewindSubscriber
The simulation does not stop, but its calculation speed is very slow, the phenomenon makes me wonder the accuracy of the simulation results.
The warning comes out after I change the solid element type frome system default ones to solid 227 and solid 226.
And, I use BONDED contact type between every two adjacent components.
Also, are there any extra constraints in STEADY STATE THERMAL simuation?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.