July 7, 2018 at 9:32 amFabioCauchiSubscriber
I need to run Ansys mechanical through Workbench (need to use it in FSI later). For now i'm just trying a simple tube bending simulation as a test in ansys workbench using a static structural module to setup.
On my desktop it runs fine with no errors. when i try it on the HPC it gives the following error:
sh: ps: command not found
sh: grep: command not found
Framework error caught :
Fatal error: Update failed for the Setup component in Static Structural. Unable to update setup. Unable to write APDL input file.
Does anyone knows hoe can i fix this please?
Thanks in advance
July 8, 2018 at 6:07 pmSandeep MedikondaAnsys Employee
I think this question can get a faster reply if it's moved to the Installation category.
If the moderators feel the same way, can you please move it there?
July 9, 2018 at 6:48 pmSandeep MedikondaAnsys Employee
Something is wrong with your OS installation/environment since the error said 'ps' and 'grep' command not found. Can you get in touch with your IT to see if they can look into it?
July 10, 2018 at 8:21 amFabioCauchiSubscriber
Yes I will ask IT about it and try to figure it out from there. I ll let you know.
July 10, 2018 at 10:24 amFabioCauchiSubscriber
Hi it was indeed n installation problem, there was a file missing. Thanks for putting me on the right track.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Colors and Mesh Display
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.